Saturday, January 26, 2013

Okay I am going to try to be better at this blog business... It has been awhile (understatement) but I think it would be good for me to start up again.

So much has happened since I last wrote so I don't even know where to start.

I guess school would be a great place since it take so much of my gosh darn time. I am doing a three year night program at USU for my Masters in Social Work. I love the people in my classes and I love learning but the lack of time and homework sucks... big time. I also am doing a practicum with an agency that provides therapy. 11 more weeks of this practicum left! I have another one next year but we get the summer off, we just have class in the summer.

I also decided it was time to get healthy. The stress of my job and stress of life on top of my bad habbits got me to a place I never expected to be and I was very unhappy about it. Starting in October I signed up for Weight Watchers and have lost a total of 15 pounds! Progress has been slow (actually non-moving) the last couple weeks but I have stuck with the program and have even been exercising more. I need to sign up or go do things with friends so I stick with it. Video's at home are okay but hard to stick with long term. I am still far from where I want to be but I know that I will get there... hopefully by my birthday in August :)

Also recently my sister and I won tickets to The Presidential Inauguration which was an amaing opportunity. Washington DC is an awesome place to visit as well. I have been very lucky with the trips I have been able to take. Last year my father and I went to Spain and France. We actually even spent a day in Morocco which was a very interesting experience. I also have some other fun vacations planned this year.

My family walked the parade route before the parade

 
Ah we are stuck in the mouth of a Great White Shark

 
There is the White House

                                                          Sisters bundled up for the cold


                                                                          Capital

                                                           The Martinez's and the Obama's

Our official invite
 
\

No comments:

Post a Comment